The Impact Fellowship seeks ambitious, innovative individuals who are committed to dedicating their talents to moving the state of West Virginia forward. Each year, we recruit more individuals to join us in this cause. Together, we can make a difference!
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A FELLOW
As a Fellow, you will:
- Be selected by a Host Employer to work four days a week for a minimum annual compensation of $31,000 + benefits;
- Dedicate one day a week to the betterment of your community;
- Become an active participant in program initiatives, retreats, and mentoring;
- Collaborate with other Impact Fellows, alumni, and community members;
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, and leadership abilities; and
- Commit one full year to the program (August to August).
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are either currently living in West Virginia, have lived here and are hoping to return, or new people who are interested in moving here to make an impact;
- Represent a diverse range of race, ethnicity, gender identity, thought, experience, skill, perspective, and ability;
- Are passionate, dedicated, hardworking individuals; and
- Are authorized to work in the United States for the duration of the program.
“I found immediately, once I landed in West Virginia, that it is possible as a young person to put down roots, to make a community, to find fulfilling work. And — if you have an idea — you can make it happen here.”Sara Cottingham, 2017 Fellow
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To be considered for the Fellowship, you must submit a basic application along with your resume, a response to an essay prompt, and a one-minute video created to represent you. If applicable to your industry (architecture, graphic design, etc.), you will also be asked to submit a link to your portfolio.
After Host Employers review all of the candidates, they will select a number of finalists to interview. If you are invited to be a finalist, you will join us for an all day, in-person* Interview Day experience that will occur in April. During Interview Day, you will complete your interview(s) with Host Employers, hear from various community members as well as current and alumni Fellows, and learn more about the state and our program. *Dependent on the status of Covid-19 and safety protocols.
Following Interview Day, Generation West Virginia Impact Fellowship leadership will work with the Host Employers to determine final job placements. Once a candidate is selected by an Employer, the candidate may work together with the Host Employer to finalize hiring details, including determining a start date. Fellows may begin earlier than the end of August. However, the participation in the programmatic aspects of the Fellowship (e.g. Volunteer Fridays, retreats, etc.) do not begin until the end of August and last until the following August.
Still have questions?
Visit our FAQs page.
READY TO APPLY?
Applications for the 2022-2023 program will open in early 2022.