The Staff Scientist supports assessment, remediation and due diligence service delivery by preparing plans, reports, performing technical analysis, and assisting with resource and subcontractor planning and coordination.
- Prepare plans and reports for assessment, monitoring, remedial alternatives and feasibility analysis, remediation and DD activities.
- Prepare work scopes for Greenbrier Environmental Group, Inc. and subcontractor activities.
- Plan and perform data interpretation and analysis (e.g., statistical, vapor intrusion, and attainment demonstration).
- Assist with human health and ecological risk assessment.
- Assist with fate and transport analysis.
- Perform vapor intrusion analysis.
- Support remedial design and planning activities.
- Develop waste characterization sampling plans.
- Assist with development of budgets (including Greenbrier Environmental Group, Inc. and subcontractor activities) and cost estimates.
- Assist PM budget tracking, and PM delivery of projects within budget and schedule.
- Develop proposals and budgets for assessment, remediation and DD services, for PM review.
- Limited business prospecting and development with PM.
- Prepare HASPs and JSAs.
- Provide technical support to Greenbrier Environmental Group, Inc. staff (field technicians, project assistants, etc.).
- Provide resources and mentoring to support field techs and project assistants in carrying out their job duties.
- Evaluate new regulatory agency guidelines, policy and regulations and provide summary and analysis to Greenbrier Environmental Group, Inc. technical staff.
- Coordinate West Virginia One Call notifications.
- Aboveground storage tank inspection.
- SPCC Plan development.
- Field work, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/ Certification Requirements:
- 4-year science degree
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Environmental science experience, 2 years preferred
- WVDEP VRP Guidance Manual
- WVDEP LUST/LAST Corrective Action Guidance Document
- WVDEP AST Requirements
- Steel Tank Institute SP001 Inspector
- WVDEP Certified Monitoring Well Driller
- WV Certified Asbestos Inspector
- WVDEP Certified Class B UST Worker
- 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Training
- Physical science knowledge
- Decision making and analysis
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Problem solving
- Reporting and documentation
- Computer and IT tool usage
- Ability to collaborate with others toward project goals
- Team communication
- Ability to make conclusions and recommendations based on technical data and information
Potential for Advancement:
- Opportunities for advancement commensurate with professional development and company growth.
What are the working conditions under which the job is performed?
- Mix of office and field working conditions. US driver license required.
All applications must be received by February 28, 2021.