Alpha Technologies, Inc. (“Alpha”) is looking for a Security Engineer I (“SE-1”) to lead or assist in security incident response, monitor Security Operations Center systems status and handle alarms, and configure and manage security-related aspects of network and endpoint systems.
Alpha is a technology services firm based in Hurricane, WV, with a large, world-class data center located in South Charleston, WV. Alpha provides services to federal, state, local, educational, and commercial customers in WV and nationally.
As a SE-1 at Alpha, a typical day might include the following:
- Researching, mitigating, documenting, and reporting malicious software attacks on customer or Alpha systems in accordance with Alpha’s Incident Response Plan and Procedures
- Monitoring security systems for alarms or other abnormal conditions and respond accordingly
- Participating in the design and development of security aspects of systems configurations to the level of security required by the customer or by applicable regulation
This job would be a great fit for you if you:
- Are recognized as an excellent writer and speaker
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment
- Are committed to be a part of building up WV’s diverse technical talent pool
- Enjoy keeping up with the latest information and communications systems security news and attack methods and can implement proactive mitigations
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems
- Have a BS/BA in Information Security, or in Information Technology with a security focus) plus at least one year of relevant hands-on experience, or some combination of education and experience acceptable to Alpha. Security-related certifications would be a plus.
- Have not been convicted as a felon or denied a federal security clearance
As an SE-1 you will:
- Research, mitigate, document, and report malicious software attacks on customer or Alpha systems in accordance with Alpha’s Incident
- Response Plan and Procedures
- Monitor security systems for alarms or other abnormal conditions and respond accordingly
- Participate in the design and development of security aspects of systems configurations to the level of security required by the customer or by applicable regulation
- Perform other duties as assigned
The SE-1 primarily will work from either the Hurricane or South Charleston facilities, or, potentially remote work (from home), but also potentially onsite at customer locations, public health considerations permitting.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position is $31,000. Health and dental insurance is available, as well as an Individual Retirement Account.
The application period opens on January 19, 2021. All applications must be received by February 28, 2021.