Wardensville Garden Market is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to expand opportunities for Appalachian youth so they grow to reach their greatest potential. We create living classrooms to provide real-life learning experiences and generate proceeds that are 100% reinvested back into the program. In 2016, Farms Work Wonders launched the Wardensville Garden Market project—an organic farm, market, and bakery that has currently created over 100 local, good-paying jobs with most held by local high school students, and we continue to grow.
We are looking for a Sales + Aggregation Manager that will help us expand our distribution network by developing systems, sales strategies and marketing plans that foster a supportive regional food partnership.
This position will work closely with the Agriculture Director and the Culinary Operations team.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain new and existing wholesale accounts and relationships – Manage database of wholesale customers.
- Design and implement a plan to offer aggregation cold storage space to other regional producers.
- Build and network with other local producers and small businesses.
- Coordinate with the team to list and sell a range of products to different markets.
- Sell and distribute bakery and farm products into larger market channels.
- Coordinate distribution and delivery routes in the region.
- Operate a delivery vehicle.
- Provide high-quality customer service to buyers and producers engaging in the network.
- Assist in marketing strategy, plan and execution and troubleshoot sales issues with team members.
- Develop comprehensive sales strategy/plans and communicate weekly sales goals to the team.
- Create availability lists with the Agriculture Production Manager and send out to customers.
- Send out marketing emails and reminders to buyers and producers.
- Improve annual sales and assist in crop planning to allow for growth.
- Contribute to social media input and website updates.
- Assist in performing outreach, tabling, and meetings as needed.
- Create and track invoices.
- Write and print labels as needed.
- Receive orders and track product availability.
- Decide appropriate pricing, packaging, and labeling.
- Strong office related skills.
- Proficiency with Excel, Quickbooks, and basic computer skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Excellent people skills.
- Familiarity with a broad, diverse amount of produce.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Willing to make a one year minimum commitment.
- Experience working on a farm is desired, but not required.
Applicants should be self-motivated, hardworking, eager to learn, have excellent people skills, great multi-tasker, and be in good physical condition. Ability to perform certain tasks such as heavy lifting (over 50#), repetitive grasping, standing, bending, and walking (No applicant will be rejected because of a condition or impairment that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of work.)
Salary commensurate with experience. The range we anticipate is: $31,000-$35,000. In addition to salary, we offer Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, monthly stipends, and the opportunity to brainstorm and work with other farm nerds.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, customers, volunteers, contractors, vendors, and anyone else we work with.
The application period opens on January 19, 2021. All applications must be received by February 28, 2021.