In its third decade of service, McKinley Architecture and Engineering is a full-service architectural and engineering firm that designs educational, commercial/retail, industrial, warehouse, governmental and institutional buildings.
Junior Engineering Designer
- Director of Engineering Services (primary)
- Project Manager (secondary)
Job Description Summary:
The Engineering Designer will use AutoCAD and Revit to produce drawings for a variety of projects, and support project managers and design staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience/proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software
- 2-5 years of experience working at an engineering or design firm (preferred)
- A strong technical background in a variety of different building engineering systems
- Able to ideate quickly and communicate using verbal, hand sketches, 2D computer drawings, and 3D models
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work closely with design and technical teams, including project manager, project engineers, and project architects, while supporting or leading the development of design deliverables
- Understand and apply the requirements of building codes and industry standards
- Coordinate heating and cooling load calculations
- Identify and communicate design discrepancies and make appropriate modifications or suggestions for their resolve
- Interpret architectural design drawings and produce engineering construction drawings
- Produce plans, sections, elevations, and details to convey engineering design intent
- Interface with clients, attend client interviews, assist in preparation of proposals, estimate manhours, and use project workflow documents
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor, project manager, or member of the MKA leadership team
The application period opens on January 19, 2021. All applications must be received by February 28, 2021.