Wardensville Garden Market is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to expand opportunities for Appalachian youth so they grow to reach their greatest potential. We create living classrooms to provide real-life learning experiences and generate proceeds that are 100% reinvested back into the program. In 2016, Farms Work Wonders launched the Wardensville Garden Market project—an organic farm, market, and bakery that has currently created over 100 local, good-paying jobs with most held by local high school students, and we continue to grow.
We are seeking an Experiential and Workplace Learning Designer to support the Living Classrooms at Wardensville Garden Market/Farms Work Wonders. The incumbent will support the design, development, delivery, and deployment of relevant, high-quality learning assets and experiences. These assets and experiences will be delivered in modalities including face-to-face, hybrid, and virtual learning environments.
Reports to & works closely with: Youth Advancement Director
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of learning assets based on learning objectives in collaboration with designated leads from each of our enterprises and external partners to achieve the goal of necessary skill and performance attainment.
- Leverage learning experience with other nontraditional experiences and course augmentations for online, traditional instructor-led, and virtual instructor-led assets.
- Create, select, edit, arrange, and deliver content for inclusion in living classroom experiences.
- Ensure learning experiences include real-life, hands-on exposure, developmental assets, Social/Emotional learning, interactive stories, simulations, and relevant research projects designed to bring youth into conversation and collaboration with the larger community.
- Develop and deliver formative and summative assessments including criterion-referenced questions, observations, and performance-based rubrics.
- Assess training needs to develop training strategies and plans for staff and students.
- Provide support, tools, and training for the experiential learning team.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Instructional Design or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong information technology skills.
- Experience with Google Drive, Sheets, and Docs.
- Ability to work from home when necessary (reliable high-speed internet connection, use of computer, etc.)
- Ability to work during peak hours when junior crew are in attendance (partial weekends
- Experience with a learning management system is a plus.
- Experience developing workplace/experiential learning coursework a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. The range we anticipate is: $31,000-$35,000. In addition to salary, we offer Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, monthly stipends, and the opportunity to brainstorm and work with other farm nerds.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, customers, volunteers, contractors, vendors, and anyone else we work with.