In its third decade of service, McKinley Architecture and Engineering is a full-service architectural and engineering firm that designs educational, commercial/retail, industrial, warehouse, governmental and institutional buildings.
- Director of Architectural Services (primary)
- Project Manager (secondary)
Job Description Summary:
The architectural designer will use AutoCAD and Revit to produce drawings for a variety of projects and support project managers and design staff as needed.
- Experience/proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience working at an architectural or design firm
- A strong technical background in a variety of different building materials
- Ability to ideate quickly through verbal communication, hand sketches and 3D models
Physical Demands of Position:
- Produce layout plans, rough-in plans and elevations in Revit/AutoCAD
- Convert CAD drawings/equipment layouts into Revit and provide updates
- Coordinate/communicate with architects/engineers/designers
- Compile drawings for approval, production and distribution
- Identify and communicate design discrepancies and making appropriate modifications
- Interpret architectural, engineering or construction drawings
- Produce plans, sections, elevations, and details to convey architectural design and construction information
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures, and draft technical details
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor and/or any other member of the administration
The application period opens on January 19, 2021. All applications must be received by February 28, 2021.