TC Energy is looking for an Application Developer to join our growing team in Charleston, WV supporting our U.S. Gas Operations business.
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states. Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
This would be a great fit for you if:
- You have the knowledge and experience to develop and document software efficiently at high quality based on a defined set of design and performance requirements in an Agile environment.
- You are passionate about leading initiatives to integrate operations processes and identify opportunities to improve safety, reliability, and efficiency, developing sustainable solutions to deliver value to Operations, and achieve results.
- You take personal accountability for results
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment, engaging others, participating in healthy debate and respect different perspectives
- You are able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw well-supported conclusions
- You’re committed to continuous improvement
- You have a four-year degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- You have working knowledge and/or experience as an Application Developer
As an Application Developer you will:
- Develop User interfaces for Modern Rich Internet Applications with the latest Front End/Web Technologies
- Proactively provide ideas to improve proposed solutions
- Actively participate in application design, database design, schema layout and data loading
- Actively participate in code walkthroughs/inspections as per the software development process and Quality Management Plan
- Prepare sample data and unit test plans
- Troubleshoot and corrects complex bugs or issues (including performance issues)
- Develop and execute unit and integration tests as per the project plan
- Assist in the set up and execution of demonstrations
Our Charleston, WV, office is home to about 400 professional, technical, engineering and project management employees who support our Columbia Gas Pipeline system in the Eastern U.S.
The compensation for this position is at minimum $49,000 annually, based on relevant experience. In addition, TC Energy provides a benefits program that ensures flexibility, choice and value for employees including, medical and prescription coverage, dental, vision, optional life insurance, 401(k) matching and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.