Summary: Philanthropy West Virginia (Philanthropy WV), West Virginia’s philanthropic leadership network, seeks applications for the position of Membership & Operations Assistant. Philanthropy WV’s network includes grantmaking foundations, corporate giving programs, United Ways, philanthropists, and professional advisors who are based in and/or giving in West Virginia and central Appalachia. Our focus is on:
- Delivery of high-quality and relevant programming and serving a diverse base of grantmaking foundations, companies, individuals, and other organizations;
- Connecting philanthropy across West Virginia and nationally for sharing, learning, and collaborations to address issues and create lasting solutions;
- Serving as an objective partner and convener that brings together members, partners, and others to create stronger communities and a collaborative, effective, and sustainable philanthropic sector;
- Advancing the growth of philanthropy by engaging new funders to our leadership network and sharing expertise/resources for a unified voice and wider impact;
- Promoting through public policy and advocacy the work, priorities, and needs of West Virginia’s philanthropy and nonprofits with our local, regional, state and federal government officials.
Philanthropy WV’s Membership & Operations Assistant plays a critical role in the organization and advancement of its mission. The Assistant works with and reports to the Director of Operations & Revenue and works with President & CEO and the Program & Engagement Coordinator, all staff, member organizations, board of directors, and committees. The person serving in this role will be an active and results-oriented participant in Philanthropy WV’s staff team to ensure full completion of tasks, projects, and services.
The Membership & Operations Assistant supports membership services, programming, and operations to advance our priorities, plans, and mission. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the philanthropy and/or nonprofit sector(s) and able to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The right candidate will be highly-motivated, results-oriented, self-starter, and able to manage several projects at once. Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree and at least two years of relevant work experience in the philanthropy and/or nonprofit sector is preferred. Member services and operations experience is beneficial.
- Proficiency with data entry, website maintenance, and general administrative tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, Google Suites, and online systems. Familiarity with Canva, Mail Chimp/Constant Contact, database management, and CRM software is a plus. Ability, willingness, and follow through to learn new software as required.
- Experience and skills in scheduling and setting up meeting logistics, trainings, events, and various forms of communications
- Able to anticipate what needs to be done; takes the initiative to follow through and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal skills: tactful and mature, allowing for effective interface with members, staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion as well as participate as an effective member of a growing staff team.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Occasional car travel may be necessary throughout West Virginia. Valid driver’s license with necessary insurance required.
The work of this position includes:
- Member Services & Program Support
- Administrative, Operations, and some finance/accounting
- Some Communication Assistance
- General Office Tasks
This position is in the $31K-34K/annual salary range for full-time. Full time employees would have access to a generous benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, holiday schedule, PTO after trial service period, and resources for professional development associated with your role in the organization.
About Philanthropy WV: Philanthropy West Virginia connects the Mountain State’s diverse network of philanthropic funders. We strive to inspire community-driven solutions across the state reaching both urban centers and the most rural areas in Appalachia. This advances our mission of “Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State.” Philanthropy WV is committed to an inclusive and diverse team, working environment, and members network. Philanthropy West Virginia is an equal opportunity employer