Program Manager at Farms Work WondersBack
Farms Work Wonders is looking for a Program Manager to provide day-to-day support to our growing nonprofit and connected social enterprises (organic farm, market, bakery and soon-to-be-launched restaurant).
We have specifically created this position for someone who wants to work with a thriving, progressive, Appalachian nonprofit social enterprise that has grown to be named the Best WV Nonprofit, in just three years. Our hope is that you will help contribute to our ongoing success as a program manager that we will assign according to your strengths and our needs.
Farms Work Wonders is a WV-based farm and food-based nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to create opportunities for Appalachian youth. We use the social enterprise model to address historically extractive economic development in Appalachia by operating connected enterprises, or mini-businesses, to generate income that is 100% reinvested back into the local community.
As a Program Manager at Farms Work Wonders, you will work closely with our amazing team of young people in life-changing, high-impact ways while providing support to our President, Directors and staff to help us forward the overall organizational strategies and goals.
Some of the daily tasks would include:
- Project management of special initiatives related to our living classrooms (organic farm, market, bakery and restaurant).
- Providing support to our operations, fundraising and marketing teams.
- Assisting with social media and digital efforts.
- Taking on special projects as assigned by our President.
- Contributing to ongoing events and education, including our annual Farm 5k fundraising run, Earth Day tree-planting community event, STREAM summer camps and others.
THIS JOB WOULD BE A GREAT FIT IF YOU ARE:
- Highly organized and willing to work hard. You’re an outstanding project manager who gets the big picture vision and is accountable for achieving ambitious goals while juggling a wide range of initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Engaging, inclusive, and collaborative. You motivate, inspire, and support people of diverse backgrounds and ages to continually meet high expectations.
- Committed to youth development. You are patient, understanding, open-minded and easily build rapport with young people and have the skills to mentor, empower, and create new opportunities with them.
- Interested in community and economic development. You have a passion for and are committed to strengthen rural civic life and create new economic opportunities.
- Versed in the region and Appalachian culture. You possess a deep cultural understanding and ability to relate to the challenges, opportunities and experiences of people living in rural communities, especially those in Eastern WV and Appalachia. Regional roots and personal ties are a plus.
- Able to quickly build trust, credibility, and goodwill. You are able to gain the trust and credibility with staff, students, partners, community members, funders, and board members.
- Are an exemplar of our culture. You are unafraid of failure and always willing to learn and stay curious. You will blend high standards and rigor with a calm, egoless approach and an ability to remain focused when things don’t go as planned.
Location: The position is based in Wardensville, WV where Farms Work Wonders offices and the Wardensville Garden Market is located.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position to start is $31,000 annually.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, customers, volunteers, contractors, vendors and anyone else we work with.Apply Now