Tax Supervisor/Manager at Arnett Carbis Toothman LLPBack
Arnett Carbis Toothman LLP (“ACT”) is looking for a Tax Supervisor/Manager to assume responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments, can review working papers and financial statements, and can communicate with clients on a one-on-one basis.
ACT is a regional accounting and consulting firm headquartered in Charleston, WV with eight locations across Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. ACT is ranked as one of the top firms in the United States. As a team member of ACT you will find opportunities to work directly with your clients and become an important consultant to their decision making. ACT knows its clients as neighbors in the same communities. We are aware of their problems, often share them, and they know our interest in their business is genuine.
THIS JOB WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with major concentration in accounting, finance or other related field
- You have CPA designation (preferred)
- You are a member in good standing with AICPA
- You have at least five (5) years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements managed
- You have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- You are a highly motivated team player with a strong work ethic
- You are proficient with software (i.e. Adobe, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- You maintain adequate control of engagement to meet imposed deadlines
- You are an active participant in the professional development of staff
- You participate in one or more professional / civic organization
- You have a consultive focus
AS A TAX SUPERVISOR YOU WILL:
- Comply with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups
- Coordinate various phases of an engagement; planning, scheduling, work assignments to staff
- Support the training of staff
- Strive to meet productivity goals
- Prioritize multiple engagements at one time; including business and individual tax returns for clients in a variety of industries
- Tax projections and research of tax issues for clients
- Involvement directly with clients to help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and service
- Assist in formulation of solutions to client tax challenges
- Have occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle
- Have occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars using a personal vehicle
- Have occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
Location: Charleston, WV
Salary Range: The compensation for this position begins at $65,000 and is negotiable based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, ACT provides great benefits including, two choices of health insurance plans, dental, vision, 401k profit sharing plan, generous PTO accrual, and flexible work hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACT Core Values
Integrity • Responsibility • Respect • Continuous Improvement • Action and Accountability