Engineering Designer at McKinley Architecture and EngineeringBack
McKinley Architecture and Engineering (MKA) is looking for an Engineering Designer to help produce drawings within AutoCAD and Revit for a variety of projects, while working closely with and supporting our Project Managers and design team.
MKA is a full-service architectural, engineering, and construction administration firm in our fourth decade of service. With the home office stationed in the historical Centre Market District of Wheeling, West Virginia, there are additional branches located in Charleston, West Virginia, and Wexford and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our team prides itself on the quality of projects we produce, with design specialties including education, commercial/retail, industrial, warehouse, governmental and institutional buildings.
THIS JOB WOULD BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You are looking for an opportunity to learn with a great company
- You are able to ideate quickly and communicate using verbal, hand sketches, and 3D models
- You have experience/proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software, a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required
- You have a strong technical background in a variety of different building engineering systems, with 2-5 years of experience working at an engineering or design firm preferred
AS AN ENGINEERING DESIGNER AT MKA YOU WILL:
- Work closely with design and technical teams, including Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Architects
- Perform engineering design tasks for a variety of disciplines, including utilities, HVAC and plumbing systems
- Understand and apply the requirements of building codes and industry standards
- Coordinate heating and cooling load calculations
- Interpret architectural design drawings and producing engineering construction drawings
- Produce plans, sections, elevations and details to convey engineering design intent
- Author technical specifications of products and equipment in the design
- Interface with Clients, attending site visits, and using project workflow documents
Location: Wheeling, West Virginia
Salary and Benefits: Salaries are competitive and determined by individual skillset. In addition, McKinley Architecture and Engineering provides a benefits package including Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Match, Health/Vision/Dental insurances, HRA, and Profit Sharing opportunities.
McKinley Architecture and Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based upon business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.Apply Now