Engineer 1 at Core10Back
Core10 is looking for an Engineer 1 to work as part of a collaborative development team to create custom software applications based on our customers’ requirements.
Core10 is a full service software development company that employs a dedicated pool of engineers who choose to make their homes in West Virginia, Tennessee, and the surrounding area. At our headquarters in Nashville, TN and our technology centers located in Huntington, WV and Martin, TN, we provide a cost-effective alternative to financial technology customers who currently outsource their development efforts overseas. We embrace Agile development methodologies, a collaborative culture, and foster career growth for our employees. We believe that keeping technology jobs onshore in the United States is good for our economy and even better for our customers.
THIS JOB WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You have 1+ years of hands-on software development experience or coursework in a university or community college setting
- You are proficiency in one or more of the following: C#/.NET, Ruby, Python
- You have an understanding of object-oriented programming and related development principles and patterns
- You are familiar with SQL
- You care about quality. A semi-colon out of place just doesn’t sit well with you.
- You’re curious. You like taking on challenges and solving problems. And it’s even more interesting if you’re embarking on something new.
- You’re a creative problem solver and lifelong learner who takes pride in the quality of your craft.
- You bring passionate energy to everything you do. You embrace risks confidently, and you don’t shy away from uncertainty.
- You’re collaborative and comfortable working in a “we before me” team-based model. You’re willing to stimulate and challenge others to be the best they can be, and you expect they’ll do the same for you.
- You always treat your clients and teammates with respect.
- You bring your authentic self.
AS AN IMPLEMENTATION ANALYST YOU WILL:
- Write software code: build functionality for an application, create integrations through APIs, display information from a database, or bring a UI design to life in the browser
- Work with a team that includes architects, senior developers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, project managers, and UX/UI designers
- Whiteboard solutions
- Test code to make sure it performs the way it should
- Shadow senior resources to learn new skills
- Talk with clients about their business goals
Location: Huntington, WV
Salary Range: In addition to a competitive salary, Core10 provides a great benefits including: health, dental, and vision insurance for employee (a significant portion of employee only paid) and family (paid in part); paid vacation and company holidays; 401(k) plan; and a state of the art office environment and the latest development tools
Equal Opportunity Employer
Core 10, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We are unable to sponsor or transfer H1B Visas at this time.Apply Now