United Bank is looking for a Credit Analyst I to underwrite both Commercial Real Estate (CRE) and Commercial and Industrial (C&I) loans using financial analysis, market/industry research, and risk analysis for commercial borrowers.
At United, we value all of the relationships we have built since 1839. We are committed to providing each relationship with an unmatched level of service. While we offer competitive products, services, rates, and technology, the level of service we provide and our commitment to building relationships is what sets us apart from our competitors.
United is backed by a history of safe, sound and secure banking practices that have allowed us to navigate through decades of changing economic environments. Because of this, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities can rely on us to be their banking partner for decades to come.
THIS JOB WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You have working or learned knowledge of key accounting and finance concepts either from at least one year of banking experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- You are an analytic and critical thinker with meticulous attention to detail
- You have the ability to perform complex mathematical calculations
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team within a fast-paced environment
- You have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You are a strong multi-tasker who is very detail orientated in their work
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office products
- You have prior working experience with financial analysis software, or a desire to learn!
- You demonstrate the Bank’s core values
AS A CREDIT ANALYST 1 YOU WILL:
- Underwriting both Commercial Real Estate (CRE) and Commercial and Industrial (C&I) loans using financial analysis, market/industry research, and risk analysis for commercial borrowers
- Conduct annual review of the Bank’s less complex existing commercial loans
- Work closely with assigned team lead and/or manager to obtain all necessary skills and techniques required to perform complete loan review and credit underwriting
- Analyze loan data, including data provided by customers, credit bureaus and United Bank records on new, renewal and existing loans
- Deliver spreadsheets, reports, summaries and issue opinions and recommendations to loan officers, senior credit officers and loan committees to be utilized in credit decisions on new, renewal and existing loans
- Assign risk-grades to proposed loans during the underwriting and annual review process
- Perform company and industry research as needed. Perform online research of public records including, but not limited to, assessors’ databases, county register’s databases, and Secretary of State database for corporate filings and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings
- Establish, review and update analyses on a regular basis for the Bank’s largest commercial loan customers and provide to management with evaluation of current risk grades and identify risk
- Interact with current and potential borrowers and lending officers to inquire about important information pertaining to the transaction, items in the financials of the borrower, etc.
- Participate in client meetings and site visits to obtain necessary underwriting information
- Adhere to the agreed upon Service Level Standards
- Work on special projects as business needs arise
- Location: Morgantown, WV
Equal Opportunity Employer
United Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Member FDIC.