McKinley Architecture and Engineering (MKA) is looking for an Architectural Designer to help produce drawings within AutoCAD and Revit for a variety of projects, while working closely with and supporting our Project Managers and design team.
MKA is a full-service architectural, engineering, and construction administration firm in our fourth decade of service. With the home office stationed in the historical Centre Market District of Wheeling, West Virginia, there are additional branches located in Charleston, West Virginia, and Wexford and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our team prides itself on the quality of projects we produce, with design specialties including education, commercial/retail, industrial, warehouse, governmental and institutional buildings.
THIS JOB WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You have experience or proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software
- You have a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture
- You have 1+ years of experience working at an architectural or design firm
- You have a strong technical background in a variety of different building materials
- You have an ability to understand, develop and communicate design concepts quickly through verbal communication, hand sketches and 3D models
- You’re eager to learn more about architectural design and engineering
- You like working with a collaborative team
AS AN ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER YOU WILL:
- Produce base plan building models and floor plans, elevations, building and wall sections, details, and door schedules
- Enlarge and scale plans using software programs such as Revit/AutoCAD
- Convert CAD drawings into the Revit platform and providing updates
- Coordinating and communicating with senior designers, architects, engineers, and designers
- Compile drawings for approval, production and distribution
- Identify and communicate design discrepancies and making appropriate modifications
- Interpret architectural, engineering, and construction drawings
- Coordinate dimensions, materials and procedures, and drafting technical details
Location: Wheeling, West Virginia
Salary and Benefits: Salaries are competitive and determined by individual skillset. In addition, McKinley Architecture and Engineering provides a benefits package including Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Match, Health/Vision/Dental insurances, HRA, and Profit Sharing opportunities.
McKinley Architecture and Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based upon business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.