This position serves at the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education located at 1018 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia. The West Virginia Community and Technical College System is the state’s two-year college system offering comprehensive community and technical college education in all regions of the State.
Reporting to the West Virginia Community and Technical College System Vice Chancellor, the College Access and Outreach Counselor will provide statewide outreach in support of West Virginia’s new college attainment goal of equipping 60% of West Virginia citizens with a certificate or degree by 2030.
** Please note that this one year appointment will begin around July 1, 2019 which is before the official start date of the Impact Fellowship program.
This job might be a good fit for you if you are interested in performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate, schedule, and conduct outreach workshops and trainings with targeted audiences.
- Provide personal, career and academic counseling including career resource access planning for education beyond high school to traditional students, parents, educational professionals, and adult learners.
- Plans and implements with other Council staff, state-wide college and career fairs, parent nights, student orientations and other postsecondary events.
To land this gig, you need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Detail orientated, self-motivated, and able to work independently and carefully manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously with short deadlines in a high volume environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office, electronic mail systems, and online systems.
- The ability to travel is required.