Service Pump & Supply is a well-established company that has been solving the toughest water-related problems for more than 38 years. We know that water is essential, and we work hard to help get people clean water, deal responsibly with wastewater, and fix storm water dangers. With five locations in four states, we provide products and service for the mining industry, municipal water, sewage, and wastewater facilities, industrial factories, and oil & gas customers. We are in the process of a digital transformation with a focus on using quality data to serve our customers better.
For an industrial account manager at Service Pump, a typical day might include the following:
- Develop strong customer relationships within a defined territory. This isn’t a desk job, so you’ll be traveling during the day.
- Generate sales by promoting, selling, and servicing our product line directly to new and existing accounts.
- Collaborate closely with our experienced sales, engineering, supply chain, and repair coordination team to bring value to our customers.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Use our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to track your sales, forecast upcoming customer needs, identify prospects, and follow up on existing quotes and orders.
- Use technology and insight from real-time analytics to determine which customers to contact based on previous sales cycles and recent purchases.
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You have a strong interest in sales.
- You enjoy meeting, talking to, and understanding people.
- You’re willing to put in the time necessary to develop relationships.
- When you hear about a problem, you immediately start thinking of ways to solve it.
- You like digging into new topics and putting new information to use right away.
- You’d rather have an iPad in your hand than a notebook and pen.
- You find data compelling.
- You’re competitive and self-driven.
- You pride yourself on your integrity.
- You pay attention to details and insist on communicating clearly.
- You’re not satisfied until you’ve done the job right.
- You enjoy working in an environment where people work hard and still remember to laugh.
To land this gig, we’d like you to know a lot. Keep in mind, though, that no one checks every box. If you have experience with 2 of the following and a willingness to learn, send us your resume and a cover letter that explains why you and this position are a good fit.
- Customer relationships
- Salesforce or similar CRM
- Mechanical aptitude