Quality Insights is one of the largest not-for-profit companies in the United States focused solely on improving health care. Based in Charleston, WV, with offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and a nationwide consulting network, Quality Insights implements major health care improvement initiatives on behalf of federal government agencies like the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Veterans Health Administration, state bureaus of public health, and private companies. Quality Insights’ services include offering education and resources to health care providers and patients, collecting and sharing meaningful performance data to spark improvements, supporting networking and sharing opportunities across health care communities, and providing hands on assistance to individual health care facilities and clinicians. Learn more about Quality Insights mission to bring people and information together to improve health at http://www.qualityinsights.org.
As an Accountant at Quality Insights, a typical day might include the following:
- Preparing corporate, departmental, and project budgets or cost proposals
- Performing contract and grant management accounting duties including invoicing and financial reporting
- Processing of accounts payables and receivables
- Assisting with the month end closing of the accounting system including fixed assets, revenue calculations, cost allocations, and preparation of financial statements
- Analyzing costs and project performance and reporting findings to superiors
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You have a desire to gain a broad range of experience including accounting, finance, budgeting, government contracting, not-for profits, and lean methodology.
- You are detailed oriented, have strong analytical skills, and can think creatively to solve problems.
- You can manage multiple priorities simultaneously. You are able to juggle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities all while continuing to ensure excellent customer service and project success.
- You love being part of a (winning) team! You can carry out tasks independently, but enjoy being part of helping your team succeed.
To land this gig, you need to have experience in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- An understanding of accounting systems and software including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- A strong work ethic, good attitude, and willingness to learn and be part of a winning team.