Just Transition Fund – Event Planning FellowBack
The Just Transition Fund helps coal-affected communities build vibrant and resilient new economies. The Fund’s goal is to create economic opportunity by advancing equitable, diverse, and low-carbon solutions. As an innovative hybrid initiative—part grantmaker, part catalyst—we provide investments to help communities create 21st century jobs, and technical assistance to empower local leaders to act. Guided by a belief in the power of communities, the Fund leverages public and private resources, advances learning, and guides policy change to accelerate and scale an equitable and just economic transition—from the ground up. The JTF holds events on the local, regional and national level throughout the year.
As an Event Planning Fellow at the Just Transition Fund, a typical day might include the following:
- Working with JTF staff to identify venues and resource specifications for events, including researching possible venues, restaurants, AV and other resources
- Monitoring event registration and processes, using REG Online, Google forms
- Helping to plan and schedule virtual event planning committee and other meetings
- Working with JTF staff to coordinate invitee lists for online mailings
- Processing necessary documentation for payments, stipends and reimbursements to attendees and speakers related to an event.
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You love planning, managing multiple details to perfection, and creative problem solving.
- You’re good at talking to people (outside vendors, grantee organizations, foundation funders and other partners).
- You are a project management pro; no project is too scary!
- You’re comfortable working with a small, remote team.
- You work collaboratively with multiple individuals throughout all phases of planning an event or meeting
- You will execute projects in a timely manner and engage with colleagues via email, phone, and video chat.
To land this gig, you need to have experience in:
- Creating spreadsheets and documents using Excel and Google Sheets
- Using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive Suite. Familiarity with CRM database and Mailchimp, Doodle polling app helpful.
- Bonus points for prior experience planning events.