Just Transition Fund – Communications FellowBack
The Just Transition Fund helps coal-affected communities build vibrant and resilient new economies. The Fund’s goal is to create economic opportunity by advancing equitable, diverse, and low-carbon solutions. As an innovative hybrid initiative—part grantmaker, part catalyst—we provide investments to help communities create 21st century jobs, and technical assistance to empower local leaders to act. Guided by a belief in the power of communities, the Fund leverages public and private resources, advances learning, and guides policy change to accelerate and scale an equitable and just economic transition—from the ground up.
As a Communications Fellow at the Just Transition Fund, a typical day might include the following:
- Designing and building templates for external reports, PowerPoints, etc.
- Creating data visualizations for JTF external reports and website and designing branded communications assets for JTF events.
- Writing external-facing communications for the Fund blog, as well as donors, grantees, and interested stakeholders.
- Providing support for Fund grantmaking activities.
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You love all things comms.
- You have an interest in community economic development, entrepreneurial development, and workforce development, particularly in communities facing transition challenges.
- You’re comfortable working with a small, remote team.
- You are a creative thinker who likes communicating complex topics through graphic design and compelling writing.
- You can execute projects in a timely manner and engage with colleagues via email, phone, and video chat.
- You are detailed-oriented, communicate clearly, and your writing skills are close to perfect
To land this gig, you need to have experience in:
- Using design software (Adobe) and data visualization software. Experience with webflow.io or WordPress a plus.
- Using Microsoft Office Suite, MailChimp, Google Drive Suite. Familiarity with CRM database and survey software.
- Bonus points for prior design experience for a philanthropic or impact organization.