The Thrasher Group is nationally ranked among the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record (ENR). Our services include architecture, engineering, construction services, environmental consulting, landscape architecture and planning, materials inspection and testing, and survey. For over 30 years, we have earned a reputation of excellence, serving clients in many markets both private and public. Our dedication to providing creative design solutions, well-managed projects and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
As a Marketing Assistant at The Thrasher Group, a typical day might include the following:
- Assisting the Marketing Director with various marketing initiatives such as event planning, market research, advertising plans, and targeted campaigns
- Working with various departments to develop website and social media content about projects, services, and employees
- Creating written and visual content for website, newsletters, and other materials
This job might be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Are able to jump in, bring ideas to the table, and take initiative to lead a project
- Think creatively to solve problems
- Have the ability to discern what information is useful, and organize information into clear, usable information
- Work well as part of a team
- Communicate clearly, have a solid understanding of marketing and communication principles, and enjoy telling stories through written and visual techniques.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of marketing practices (including traditional and digital marketing such as direct mail, SEO, social media, content marketing, etc.) and market research methods/tools
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and other applications/software (CMS, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, etc.)
- Experience in creating creative written and visual content
We are looking for a candidate with good work ethic has demonstrated through a history of employment and achievement. Our ideal candidate will experience – either through internships or equivalent — where they utilized marketing and communication practices to increase awareness about a product, service, cause, etc.