EntreEd, The Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education is a national non-profit organization dedicated to K-12 (and beyond) entrepreneurship education. We are engaged in a new project working with community colleges and k-12 school systems in WV, KY, OH, TN, and VA in Appalachian coal impacted areas. Our partners include the National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship, The EdVenture Group from Morgantown and Behavioral Business LLC. The staffs of the four partner organizations are collaborating with seven community colleges in the coalfields region to assist local k-12 schools in becoming America’s Entrepreneurial Schools by delivering entrepreneurship education to every student in the school building within one school year.
The Communications Coordinator for the project will work remotely and report to Amber Ravenscroft of The EdVenture Group for communications tasking. Ms. Ravenscroft reports directly to Executive Director Gene Coulson and will oversee all deliverables of the Communications Coordinator. The successful candidate could live anywhere in the region, but should have reliable transportation to and from schools and activities. This position will be dedicated to creating media messages to help EntreEd inform audiences in the region and across the country about the work done by the partners on the project. The Communications Coordinator will develop press releases, curate articles and blog posts, and develop a variety of digital messages (including social media posts, videos, and photos) of project activities to tell the “story” of the project to a larger audience. All design work will be subject to review prior to publication. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with staff from all four partner organizations.
This job might be for you if:
- You have exceptional communication and design skills.
- You can find the “story” in an activity or project.
- You can develop a network of media contacts in various media markets in the region.
- You are fluent in the use of social media.
- You work well with others on a team.
- You are comfortable in a very flat organization with lots of contributors but not many layers of management.
- You don’t mind traveling in the five-state region and occasionally beyond.
- You are interested in entrepreneurship.
To land this gig, you need the following skills:
- The ability to write for various audiences in various formats
- Knowledge and experience with digital writing, publishing and presentation software
- Knowledge and experience with social media
- The ability to collaborate and communicate with people in diverse environments – schools, businesses, media outlets, etc. digitally and face-to-face
- The ability to take video and still photos to support the message (or the willingness to learn)
- The ability to work with project partners to develop important messages, then drive them through a variety of media