Core10 is a 100%-U.S.-based software development company that creates financial technology solutions for the banking, healthcare, insurance, and retail verticals, among others. Its dedicated Tennessee- and West Virginia–based talent provides world-class outsourced design and development expertise at a value without any of the headaches associated with offshoring.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Core10, a typical day might include the following:
- Reviewing and analyzing how an application is designed to function, so you can create test cases to ensure it actually does work that way.
- Working with a team that includes architects, senior developers, product managers, project managers, and UX/UI designers
- Testing code to make sure it performs the way it should, working with development team members to resolve any defects, and verifying fixes when implemented
- Creating test data to use in testing efforts
- Shadowing a senior resource to learn a new skill
- Talking with a client about their business goals
- Working with the entire development team to continually improve the way we work
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You firmly believe the devil is in the details, and you like to make sure things work the way they should.
- You care about quality. A semi-colon out of place just doesn’t sit well with you.
- You’re curious. You like taking on challenges and solving problems. And it’s even more interesting if you’re embarking on something new.
- You’re a creative problem solver and lifelong learner who takes pride in the quality of your craft.
- You bring passionate energy to everything you do. You embrace risks confidently, and you don’t shy away from uncertainty.
- You’re willing to grind to get the job done. You go the extra mile, and when you embark on something, you set out to crush it.
- You’re collaborative and comfortable working in a “we before me” team-based model. You’re willing to stimulate and challenge others to be the best they can be, and you expect they’ll do the same for you.
- You always treat your clients and teammates with respect.
- You bring your authentic self.
To land this gig, you need to have:
- A true desire to work as part of a collaborative team
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment where things change daily (and clients change their minds!)
- An uncanny knack for seeing “what’s wrong with this picture.”
- A curiousity about the world of software development, even if you don’t (yet) know how to code.