Alpha Technologies is a service disabled veteran owned small business headquartered in Hurricane, WV with a global datacenter located in South Charleston, WV. We are a business technology focused company. Guided by integrity, Alpha’s team of experts craft reliable and secure IT solutions with the same goal every time: to provide invaluable results and forge long-term relationships with our clients. Our comprehensive offerings allow clients to focus on growing their business while we manage their technology.
As an Information Systems Security Analyst at Alpha Technologies, a typical day might include the following:
- Advising system owners regarding security considerations in applications systems procurement or development, implementation, operation and maintenance, and disposal activities.
- Assist in the determination of an appropriate level of security commensurate with the impact level
- Assist in the development and maintenance of system security plans and contingency plans for all systems under their responsibility
- Participate in risk assessments to periodically re-evaluate sensitivity of the system, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Participate in self-assessment of system safeguards and program elements and in certification and accreditation of the system
- Assist in notifying the government/customers of any suspected incidents in a timely manner, and assist in the investigation of incidents
- Conduct research and analysis on the impacts on system modifications, technological advances, and malicious code
- Help ensure IT Systems have all security controls in place and functioning properly.
- Evaluate and analyze vulnerabilities
- Assist in conducting internal and external audits
- Assist in maintaining policies and procedures
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy solving problems and investigating anomalies. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it. You like helping people.
- You pay attention to the details around security of systems and services. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak at the level commensurate with the level of technical knowledge of your customers.
To land this gig, your competencies in the follow areas will be considered:
- Routing and Switching (Cisco experience is a plus)
- Windows Operating Systems
- Patch Management
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Virtual private networks (VPN)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills