Highland Hospital – Operations AnalystBack
Highland Hospital in Charleston, West Virginia provides acute psychiatric/mental health inpatient services for adults, adolescents, and children. In addition, we provide a psychiatric residential treatment facility for children ages 4-14. Our Highland Health Center offers a 16 bed short term residential treatment facility for adults who need detoxification and substance abuse recovery services.
As an Operations Analyst at Highland, a typical day might include the following:
- Going to particular unit and talking with the staff, listening to their ideas and concerns, watching them work, and then researching industry trends and patterns to help us identify areas for operational improvement and redesign.
- Attending a policy and procedures meeting, where you are asked to evaluate current procedures and processes and recommend new strategies and develop new processes to improve our services.
- At the request of the Chief Operating Officer, conduct an internal operational audit and create a report of findings.
- Developing workflows to increase production and revenue and preparing a detailed report recommending workflow improvements for implementation.
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You do not accept “this is the way we’ve always done it”, as the way it should continue to be done.
- You like to observe and rework ideas, processes, and protocols to get better outcomes.
- You are not afraid to dive in and research current trends for areas that you are not immediately familiar with.
- You communicate well with different types of people, knowing how to get the answers for the questions you may have.
To land this gig, you need to have experience in:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, data management, operations research, or related field; Master’s degree in operations research or related field preferred, but if you have something different that you believe has prepared you for this type of position, tell us about it.
- 2 years’ experience as an operations analyst, in an operation or research analyst role, or in a related position preferred, but again, we want to hear about your experiences and passions that make you the person for this job.