Core10 – DeveloperBack
Core10 is a 100%-U.S.-based software development company that creates financial technology solutions for the banking, healthcare, insurance, and retail verticals, among others. Its dedicated Tennessee- and West Virginia–based talent provides world-class outsourced design and development expertise at a value without any of the headaches associated with offshoring.
As a Developer at Core10, a typical day might include the following:
- Writing software code: building functionality for an application, creating integrations through APIs, displaying information from a database, or bringing a UI design to life in the browser
- Working with a team that includes architects, senior developers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, project managers, and UX/UI designers
- Whiteboarding solutions
- Testing code to make sure it performs the way it should
- Shadowing a senior resource to learn a new skill
- Talking with a client about their business goals
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You get out of bed every day with application code swirling around your head. You watch videos incessantly to add new software development skills to your portfolio, and you’d rather be at your laptop than watching reruns of The Office.
- You care about quality. A semi-colon out of place just doesn’t sit well with you.
- You’re curious. You like taking on challenges and solving problems. And it’s even more interesting if you’re embarking on something new.
- You’re a creative problem solver and lifelong learner who takes pride in the quality of your craft.
- You bring passionate energy to everything you do. You embrace risks confidently, and you don’t shy away from uncertainty.
- You’re willing to grind to get the job done. You go the extra mile, and when you embark on something, you set out to crush it.
- You’re collaborative and comfortable working in a “we before me” team-based model. You’re willing to stimulate and challenge others to be the best they can be, and you expect they’ll do the same for you.
- You always treat your clients and teammates with respect.
- You bring your authentic self.
To land this gig, you need to have:
- 1+ years of hands-on development experience or coursework in a university or community college setting
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: C#/.NET, Ruby, Python
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and related development principles and patterns
- Familiarity with SQL